Thursday, November 11, 2010

~ REMEMBERING TODAY ~

This is how my mother and uncles would have dressed on Flag Day .





People in our neighborhood would dress their homes us like this for Fourth of July and "Flag Day"...or what was called Remembrance Day.


It's almost 11:00 here...we will be stopping and saying a prayer for ALL of our fallen soldiers.... in ALL the Wars that the United States has been involved in.

TOO MANY for sure.


** I am also 100 % convinced that if women ( mother's ) would have been IN CHARGE of the Wars in History......they would never have occurred, or were no longer than about 3 days in length.


Mother, Grandmother, Rose










3 comments:

Susan said...

Rose I am convinced of that too!! Thank you for honoring the vets.

VBR said...

Hi Rose! What beautiful photos of the homes decked out for Veterans' Day!

Please stop by Bird Bee Bloom and check out the info for my Holiday Lollapalooza drawing for Holiday prizes!

The Rustic Victorian said...

Veterans day was very special in my world. It gladdened my hear that so many showed up for the parade.
My goodness, what a beautiful house!
Seems like alot of things would be different if women ruled,,,I agree,,,and what about boxing,rape,power,,,,etc.. We are so unevolved...
oxo
Marcie